View Single Post
Old December 9, 2016   #17
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

What is is the tomato mix? I don't think you would have needed to add more peat assuming the tomato mix is peat based. More perlite would be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murihikukid View Post
Gorbelly....Interesting message ...So I rule out the cat ...then the next paragraph really strikes home and I will tell you why ...I worked out the bleach concentration quite some time ago and thought I had it right IE about 45ml of 4.9% bleach to a litre of water ....I now believe this could be far too strong based on what I have now read in a recent post ...
My back up plants bought from a garden centre were (on advice) sprayed (because they are the worst for carrying disease so I was told ) and have been killed by the bleach and copper spray I carried out so things have just gone bad to worse...The granular stuff you see is a root additive that I was told to put round the stem of my dieing plants .... Trichoderma Granules name ROOTMATE Bio Fungicide.....as for my soil mix..I believed I was quite safe using commercially available Tomato Mix 2 parts with one part peat moss and one part perlite....

After two relatively good seasons of growing some tomatoes last year was a complete disaster which led me to joining Tomatoville ,,,I do not have anything like the diseases this season ...Maybe I over reacted to advice on my initial situation and made my situation far worse by using an incorrect bleach recipe ...I do not know ....

Maybe what I am doing now was the real answer...cutting leaves off with a pair of scissors as soon as they show the slightest sign of an infection...
Ron
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote