View Single Post
Old December 13, 2016   #23
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default Re Bleach

Bill..Thanks for your comprehensive reply ...Let me assure you I bought my bleach from a cleaning company that bottles their own from a drum and it has no additives ..Thats why I never bought from a supermarket as bleaches available there have all sorts of things in it and very few have the percentage on the label ....I ended up with what I thought was a disease but which I now believe is bleach burn and I am trying to salvage as many plants as I can but I have 3 good plants bought from a garden centre and they have no flowers or fruit yet they are about five feet tall..everybody tells me its the bleach??.I cannot recall if they ever had flowers.....these plants are inside so I am going to try and scoop the soil around the root growth by hand and bag it ....I have to do this to lighten the growing drum so as I can lift it ...then I will try to get it out into my greenhouse put the soil back in and see what happens out there... Hopefully I can get help to hold the staking steady doing this???
Actually Last night I took the soil out from around the roots of one of my original Tasty Toms which had basicly died ......and I have just thought of this......maybe I can do the same to my healthy plants IE scoop out most of the soil so the root area is free ...wrap the root area and lift it out of the drum stake and all ..lie it on a plank of wood for support .and take it outside.....then take the drum out and put the plant and soil back in...They do this with trees ...I actually think this should work and will minimise the risk of damage....

Cheers Ron

Last edited by murihikukid; December 13, 2016 at 04:44 PM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote