Thread: "Big Mystery"
View Single Post
Old December 19, 2016   #32
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
Nice story about the tomato Karen, I'm glad you brought this thread back up or I would've never knew it existed.

I tried to find seeds but SSE has no results when I did a search for it. Do I have to be a member to search or buy seeds?
Yes,you have to be a member to request seeds from those who list them in the Yearbook, and you don't buy seeds ,you request them from those who are offering them and say what their request price is.

SSE is not a commercial vendor selling seeds, their mission is the preservationof varietes which can only happen if seeds are grown out and shared with others,or most importantly offer those varieties themselves the next year.

There is also a Public catalog that anyone can request and BUY from, it's sent to members each year, with ones that they have been chosen to show,with pictures and info, but there are over 400 pages in the Yearbook devoted exclusively to tomatoes, the largest section always in the Yearbook.

The link below will explain all,I hope

https://www.google.com/search?q=seed..._AUIBygA&dpr=1

If you have any questions not specified above maybe about the difference between a listed and non listed member,please just ask here in this thread and I'll try to answer and/or point you in the right direction.

Carolyn, who was a listed member since I think 1989, until last year but still a member as she noted above.