Thread: "Big Mystery"
View Single Post
Old December 19, 2016   #33
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

I conversed with Neil myself by pm last night. He immediately answered my inquiry above himself as the person who listed it. The point I made to him and I will make again, is that I would have expected some attribution, some "credit" as the seed source. In order for that to happen, he would have needed to have more information about where it came from. He had only that it came from "KarenO" my meaningless Tomatoville avatar name.
I sent the seed to you in 2014 to be included in your 2015 seed offer because I thought it was a nice thing to do, (I could easily have grown the seed out and offered it myself) and I thought it would be made available to more Tomatoville gardeners as well as others. I was excited that you showed interest in it.
Seed was grown in 2015, Neil experienced a failure of his crop, he tells me he had a few seeds left and grew it out again in 2016 with success this time.
I happily sent the seed to you in hopes that it would be shared so others could grow it. I do not object to it being listed by Neil on the SSE, in fact it pleases me that it is good enough in his opinion as an experienced professional tomato grower to do so.
However, this is MY discovery, One I have grown for 15 years and one which is unique. I really do require a simple and courteous aknowlegment as the source of the seed for this tomato. I have provided my information to him.

On a positive note, I have learned a good lesson and I hope that anyone who may grow Zena's Gift in the future will enjoy it for the great tomato that it is and smile about the story of the old man and his present to the pretty lady named Zena.

Darin, I think your tomato looks great and I would like to try it by whatever name you decide to call it.

"KarenO"
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote