View Single Post
Old December 29, 2016   #59
gorbelly
Tomatovillian™

I think you misunderstood. If those are new plants that you have not been messing with at all, then you should go ahead and repot them.

When some of us were advising you to be more hands off, we were referring to the old plants that you had been killing with too much love.

My advice is:

With the new plants, repot them in larger pots in a good, well-draining potting mix. Preferably one that you purchase at a gardening center rather than one you are making yourself. Make sure it's a mix for containers and NOT labeled "garden soil". Water well after you repot, then stand back for a couple of days. If they wilt a little, this is normal. Don't freak out or spray them with anything or give them any additives or drown them. Just let them recover. After a couple of days, they should be perking back up, at which point, you should feed them some Miracle Gro at half strength. If the plants don't look like they're recovering after 5 days, feed them again.

The yellowing does not look like EB to me. I agree with Cole_Robbie that it looks like nutritional deficiency, probably unhappiness from not being fed recently and/or getting too crowded in the pot.

The second and third pics in your last batch of photos concerns me. It could be nutrient deficiency, but it could also be signs of mites or other sap-sucking pests, which are actually pretty common in greenhouse grown plants. Get a strong magnifying glass (10x or more) and carefully examine the undersides of your leaves. Look for tiny pests. You may not find any and the yellowing could be nutrient related. But better to check now, as these kinds of small sap-sucking pests can get out of hand very quickly. If it's mites, they often cannot be seen well with the naked eye, so you must use a magnifying glass to rule them out.
gorbelly is offline   Reply With Quote