View Single Post
Old June 6, 2007   #35
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
hasshoes,
At Walmart, the composted cow manure and composted peat humus is always [outside] with the bricks, pavers and stuff. You have to tell the cashier what you want. If you're lucky, someone will be there to load it for you, if not, then load two extra bags for having to do it yourself.
YES, I should have mentioned that [about them being OUTSIDE, not the extra bags which I never thought of...lol.]

My local WalMart 5 minutes away the humus & manure pallets outside were empty by Memorial Day, I had to drive to a "super" Walmart about 10 miles but they still had a couple pallets full of manure and a small amount of peat humus left. I bought 8 bags of the manure. I think they were around $1.64 each.

The manure looks a little suspect. I only opened 1 bag so far but was a little surprised at what I saw... looked like a bagged topsoil, plus some stones & rocks for free. The label said it was 1-1-1.

This was quite different from the 1-1-1 "dehydrated manure" at Kmart that costed over twice as much in a larger bag.

I wonder if these companies ever get checked out for their "Guaranteed Analysis" labels... maybe it's just clear sailing for them once they get the label on the package!
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote