View Single Post
Old February 17, 2017   #51
MissMoustache
Tomatovillian™

Location: Cold hardy zone 4b-5a, Heat zone 4-5, Sunset zone 43
Default Seed shopping.

I went in looking for gravel and clover. They won't have either one for a couple weeks.

So I grabbed some things I had on my list to buy. Zebrune Shallots from Botanical Interests to replace the ones I over sowed in cells. Not sure how they do being separated and potted up so I'm going to sow again but do 1-2 seeds a cell.
Pasilla Bajio from Botanical Interests. Pretty sure I have seeds from last year somewhere. I simply can't find them (they've hidden away along with the packets of eggplants from last year).
A different columbine mix. I've never seen it or tried it before but I LOVE columbines. Burpee's Mrs. Scott Elliot Mix.
Zebrina Malva (Sow Easy from Livingston Seed). Peeps. I'm in love with this flower. Saw it in someone's garden and I simply must have it! Tons of seed came in the packet and its pelleted so I guess I'll just have to grow a whole flower bed of it
Black Hollyhock. For my moon garden. I'm doing black flowers and plants with dark foliage (purple hetchuras) in the background with white and evening scented flowers close to the seating area. Also from Livingston seed's sow easy rack.
Lastly is a wildly over priced Coneflower blend. It says Paradiso Mix but looking at the picture I'm thinking its the same or a similar color blend as Cheyenne Spirit mix. The seeds for that start at $2 more than this packet. Ehh. I'll give it a shot!

Picked up another seed tray. Next week is 12 weeks from my last frost date (May 15). I need to start a whole tray of petunias (making my own hanging baskets this year!); a tray of lettuce, spinach, kale, and swiss chard... And I'm out of room so I need to get to a store and pick up lights and a shelf! ASAP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170217_180915_hdr.jpg (564.4 KB, 52 views)

gwendolyninthegarden.blogspot.com

Last edited by MissMoustache; February 19, 2017 at 12:03 AM.
MissMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote