View Single Post
Old February 23, 2017   #165
ibraash
Tomatovillian™

Dear BigVanVader,

I spent about 2 hours yesterday, looking at your great progress and pictures. Well done, dear friend.

I have a question about your greenhouse veggies in June if you do not mind. . What did you do regarding the excessive heat? Was it very hot? My greenhouse now is unheated and the temps are about 110 during day hours. Did you have to cool it down?

Please advise.

Best,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
Well fingers crossed so far all is going well. I feel like I need to accomplish more but I don't want to be to overwhelmed. The weather here is now settled into the typical hot/humid/evening thunderstorms which is when things get a lot tougher. I have a few minor disease issues and found a few caterpillars eating my bell peppers so the spraying regiment has started and has been exhausting. Can't keep Surround WP on the plants and gave up till the forecast changes. Cukes are doing great in the GH and I think it's something I will continue in the future.

My project last weekend was a new trellis for my tomatoes. I based it off Bill's (B54Red) design and conversation with him. I plan to add more bracing later but for now it works and I think I may even have room to plant some basil and more tomatoes between the existing tomatoes. Here are some pics.
ibraash is offline   Reply With Quote