Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old March 12, 2017   #156
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
What the heck are you folks talking about as to weather?

Up here in my area of NYS and adjoing areas areas we had a nice warm spell for early March, crocuses up buds on apple trees and lilacs,etc,then BOOM,disaster since this is apple country and when the cold weather came it's going to be a long year $$$ since the buds were frozen.

Then Boom again starting a few days ago,high winds, power outages and temps dropping like a rock. The last few nights down to almost zero with still those high winds, same yesterday and to day and for tomorrow.

Now a winter weather watch starting late Monday thru Tuesday for high winds and snow up to 10 to 15 inches of snow.It will take more than a couple of days to get plowed out,so no meals on Wheels,no Martha or Freda who help me here at home,no nuttin.

But I do have some great dark chocolate and enough cigarettes,so I should be fine.

Carolyn
Carolyn there were two things that would make a person get on the open farm tractor and drive to town in the cold and snowed in when I lived in Missouri.
Tobacco and coffee.

I remember more than once driving the old CASE farm tractor that ten miles to town as a little boy with my father next to me.

The owner of the store had a farm next to us and he drove the tractor every day to work when we were snowed in.
There were no snow plows the grader was down and the snow was so bad the school bus didn't come for something like two weeks.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote