Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old March 13, 2017   #171
bower
Tomatovillian™

I'm reading that your blizzard is going to merge with another system before it gets to us midweek. More "special weather" statement they don't know if it will be snow or rain this time.

We just got slammed with a terrible wind storm Saturday - worse than Hurricane Igor and they said the winds were up to Category 2 hurricane level at 160 kph. Huge amount of damage to houses, traffic lights and telephone poles and trees snapped and stuff blowing around into windshields etc... everyone will be picking up for awhile. I feel sorry for the folks whose roofs were damaged as there are so many they will be hard pressed to get it fixed before the next 'special weather' arrives. Just driving from my house to Mom's a few minutes away, we saw numerous roofs with strips of shingles gone and bare wood showing.

We are counting our blessings, I only lost power for six hours or so (although it kept browning out so I couldn't go online) and I was able to persuade my Mom to come and stay here - she just got power back this morning nearly 48 hours.. very lucky that her pipes didn't freeze in spite of it as bitter cold and windchills in minus 20's C. I walked around my house this morning and not a shingle nor a piece of clapboard torn off. Couple of trees snapped but not towards the house, and as it happens they were trees I intended to cut anyway, so actually ... how lucky can you get? Sorry for the others though.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote