View Single Post
Old March 23, 2017   #24
Malabar Circle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
(No, i haven't tried all varieties of the colgar, but certainly the most common ones, those that are readily available.
The only way to know if Piennolo works good in your climate is to get some real Piennolo seeds (if it is something you care about obviously), as the ones you said you tried, sound a bit bogus to me.)

Allow me to tell you something about Ilex, since I know him well. He is one of the major sources of many varieties from Spain, just one other in Spain, from Mallorca, also sources new Spanish ones.

And yes,I have been to both Portugal and Spain myself,and of course Seville and Madrid and so many more places and also Morocco on the 3 week trip.

Due to EU regulations in Spain, not all countries have the same EU regs, he cannot sell seeds in Spain, so he joined SSE in the US as a listed member and can sell them from there and at last look was listing, let me check, 133 varieties of tomatoes, along with peppers and squash and eggplant.

He recently listed what he was growing this summer and I didn't know any of them. I deal with him directly in Spain,he knows what I prefer and then sends the new ones , about 22,should arrive any day now,then they get listed in a spreadsheet and my now 7 seed producers make their selections, and his request price is very low and also includes shipping.

I am amazed at the biological diversity of ones grown in Spain, but it makes sense when one considers that after the Spanish overcame the Aztecs, they bought back seeds from S America and at that time Portugal and Spain were one country.

So nothing bogus about Ilex at all as you wrote above, whether his many de colgar ones or beefsteaks, or hearts, or striped ones or whatever..

Carolyn
I have maximum respect for you as a moderator. However you should not alter the connotation of the words i have written, implying or suggesting a meaning that is at best misleading. Bogus was evidently referred to a quality of seeds that by his own admission do not reflect that of a real Piennolo. SEAEAGLE spotted that right away.
You have made a mistake.
Malabar Circle is offline   Reply With Quote