View Single Post
Old April 12, 2017   #232
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanus View Post
Mr Worth I accidently came across this thread and then could not sleep because of my excitement. I bought an old National pressure canner #25 for 7 dollars and guess what it is the same one that you have. I had to go dig it out of the corner at 11pm just to check. A couple of questions what did you use to clean the metal to metal rims? And looking for gauges I came across granger and they had temp/pressure gauges which brings up 2 questions 1. why not use those 2. can you use a reduction fitting going from 1/4 to 1/8 without messing up the temp/psi readings? I found a new presto on sale but it can not take the heat without warping so I cannot use it with my gas burner outside which when it is hot I would like to do.
Can you send a link to the gauges you are looking at.
There is no reason you cant use a fitting to jump up in size I recommend a brass on by all means they are cheap.
The sensor probe for the temperature may give you trouble.
I need to see what you are looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockporter View Post
I hate these kinds of threads.

Everyone here thinks they have gold and don't sell their canner without a huge price tag on them. Anything for that matter, it is so hard to find anything around here for a reasonable price.

I love this thread though, lol. Does that mean I am indecisive?
I think I gave a fare price of 40 and 50 for the canners.
Not a yard sale bargain but fare or is it fair.
Yes I had to work and modify but still ended up with two huge canners in the end.
One thing is for sure restoring them is a lot cheaper than fooling with old cars.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote