View Single Post
Old April 15, 2017   #4
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Dan - In the fall I grew 21x-F2-1 - I think I posted pics at one point. Anyway, this was an excellent red cherry dwarf plant. Probably peaked at 3', great taste, multiflora solid red tomatoes. Ripe tomatoes had great vine and shelf life. I would definitely grow again and have saved seeds.

I'm tempted to start some of my saved seeds even though this is very late for us. Everyone I gave tomatoes to loved it. Tomatoes were slightly larger than average size cherry but not ping-pong ball size.

Do you want any of my saved seeds or should I just keep going with it? I liked it a lot better than last springs 13X-F3-2.
I'm quoting myself to give an update. I ended up waiting awhile and then starting some seeds cause I didn't have anything to lose. Starting seeds in early March is so late, but these plants are flowering and have set fruit already. Two of the plants are starting their 2nd cluster of buds/flowers.

The plants are short (about 8") - our nighttime lows for the past week are hovering around 70-72.

These are fast growers and fast producers. I will get a picture uploaded.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote