View Single Post
Old April 27, 2017   #21
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

I remember last April as all rain. Then on top of that 2 more weeks of rain in May. It just never stopped here. So I didn't get everything in till the last of May. All of my plants would have drowned. This year I am running behind as well and it's not because of rain. I didn't get anything planted from seed till April one. So i have lots of 18oz solo cups floating around full of peppers, tomatoes, spices and flowers. It looks like the middle of May for me this year till it's all in.

So another late summer for me till everything is in for harvest. Then Cathy starts canning and freezing. I will still be picking toms and peppers at the end of October. Along with everything else.

Thanks for the timeline this year... That really helps a lot!

I searched all the stores I looked at online today personally and I just wasn't feeling the quality. However i didn't make it to home depot. Anyway I found a little feed store in a county we went thru today going to the docs. They had rolls of welded 1" x 1/2" rat wire. That were galvanized so that worked out well as its 18 gauge. Good strong stuff, I just wished they would of had 1/2" x 1/2" 16 gauge rat wire.

I ordered 100 3/8" & 100 1/2" Galv HOG RINGS off eBay tonight as i could not find them in any of the stores. Then when i got home, Cathy found a bag of them rings from almost 20 years ago. When I built my first coupe. Lol it figures...

It's on tomorrow tho & hopefully i will be happy with it as i go.

_Bill

Last edited by MrSalvage; April 27, 2017 at 11:40 PM.
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote