Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old April 28, 2017   #354
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockporter View Post
Wow, sorry to hear about that. Hubby has never had a new mower. He has always had snappers he bought used and fixed. About 6 weeks back both mowers he had broke while mowing the back yard, within 10 minutes of each other. I said that was it, he was getting a new mower and he fought me on it. I don't need a new mower, I just need to fix these. I said not anymore you won't. He just didn't want to spend the money for it.

Well, I got him a loan for 0% interest for four years on it. He couldn't argue after that one. It wasn't cheap when all was said and done it was just over $4,000, but I am happy he isn't over doing it out there anymore. Work smarter, not harder.
That sounds like a wise investment!

When we lost everything due to a tornado in 2011, we bought our current house and began looking for a mower. I ended up spending $450 on a 1986 Wheel Horse 414-8 lawn tractor with a 42" deck. It's an oldie but a goodie. Over the last 6 years I have replaced the battery, new belts, 2 new tires and new blades. I love the gosh darnoodley thing. At first my family thought I was silly buying such an old mower, but have now come around. My oldest son bought a new to them house and parked in the garage was an old Wheel Horse mower. Lol, he was excited and glad he had a great old mower like his dad.
Wheel Horse went out of business and was bought by Toro because they built to such a high quality that people that bought one never could wear it out to need to buy a new one. Their cast iron engine blocks are beasts.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote