View Single Post
Old May 20, 2017   #2
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Right now I am just spot killing the few that have shown up this year that I have seen. For the spot killing I just mix up a quart spray bottle with 2 tsp of Dawn dishwashing liquid and a strong dose of Permethrin and just spray them as I spot them. When they become a real problem which I am sure they will as they have the last few years then I will pull out the big guns and slaughter them. As I have mentioned before the same recipe of Permethrin (strong dose), Dawn dish washing liquid and food grade diatomaceous earth and spray my tomatoes and bell peppers from top to bottom. After I do this I will find dead stink bugs all over the place but this is a last resort because it wipes out the beneficials also. I hate to use it too early in the season because right now I have had a resurgence of lady bugs and they are doing a fairly good job of eliminating aphids. This is the same recipe I use for spider mites, massive invasions of aphids, and leaf footed bugs but only when they get really bad which is usually later in the season when most of the beneficial insects have moved on. It is best to use this a daylight or sunset with sunset preferred because honey bees seem to swarm my garden flowers right at sunup and for the next few hours so spraying at sundown is better.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote