View Single Post
Old July 3, 2007   #30
kelleyville
Tomatovillian™

I use an old tshirt as a tea bag. Never thought about the paint strainers! I also use store bought compost with manure in it and can sure tell the difference in a good one and a bad one. One makes dirty water the other makes dark brown tea and in a hurry too. I often drop the tea bag back into another 5 gallon bucket of clean water when it is really good compost and let it sit around while I continue to aerate the water then use the second bucket for diluting. The compost I got last week was really good and wet and I got a lot more from my tea bag than one bucket of weak tea for diluting-I got three pretty dark looking batches.

I do add a handful of cornmeal to my tea bag and I do put unsulphered molasses in the tea as well. The only place I found dry molasses was at Tractor Supply Store in the horse feed section. I am looking for kelp and seaweed as additives to the final product but have never put them in from the start. I just add whatever I need for whichever plant right before I spray or water them.

I use my tea as both a spray and a drench. I also will scoop out a 16 or 20 oz cup while it is brewing and mix with water to water seedlings and my seedlings did really well this year!
Kelley
kelleyville is offline   Reply With Quote