View Single Post
Old June 10, 2017   #586
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Rockporter I also have a hard time bending but don't see what the problem is with just using a hose end sprayer. I use the Chameleon and like it better than the Ortho. I set mine to the fan spray and go down one side of a bed watering each plant sufficiently to apply the amount of fertilizer I think each one needs with the setting at one TBS per gallon. I want to wet the soil for about a foot out from the stem so the pattern of the sprayer is perfect for that without any bending. Getting the fertilizer on the leaves is no problem because I always come back down the bed with my hose end feeder set at 0 and wash off any excess on the leaves and to help wash the fertilizer on down through the mulch. I basically do this with all the plants in the garden whether using the Veggie or the TTF. If I remember correctly when I was using an Ortho I preferred it set on the shower setting because it gave me a good pattern that basically wet down the area I wanted fertilized without any bending or stooping.

Bill

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote