Thread: Done for now
View Single Post
Old July 6, 2017   #4
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockporter View Post
I pulled the cantaloupes and cucumbers tonight. Updated my post about them in the TTF thread. I have a huge watermelon on my plant and discovered four more today that look like they are viable. I still have bell peppers, green beans and lots of herbs growing well. I might pull the green beans tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow I'll pull the Homestead Heritage tomato plant and save a couple of cuttings for new plants. I'll take some cuttings of the cherry tomatoes as well and try to get a few plants out of them to give away. The Roma's when pulled will never be in my garden again because that BER is not making me happy.
I'm going a little off topic, but Bill is one I would ask about this anyway. For me this year - the cuttings are growing just fine. However the seeds I started in mid May are outgrowing the cuttings. The cuttings are planted in the same beds/s in what I think would be a better area. The cuttings are 5 plants growing in an area that is getting twice as much sun than the 10 I planted from seeds.

There are two things that might be making the difference. The cuttings may need some additional shade provided? -and/or- The cuttings did come from plants growing with RKN and Fusarium before the plants were showing signs of RKN and Fusarium. Maybe, the cuttings are weaker due to this?
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote