Thread: Fusarium Wilt
View Single Post
Old July 15, 2017   #214
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

There is one thing I meant to mention - I have gotten over the shock of having both Root Knot Nematodes and Fusarium Wilt 3.

It is to the point of expecting to see the damage - not rainbows and unicorns holding shot guns

Those 17 tomato plants will most likely get planted out in our backyard that has a lot of clay. I have read that RKN doesn't like clay soils - who knows? It's either plant them in an area I can drag a hose to or get rid of them. I would rather give them some chance at living.

If I had known we have Fusarium race 3 in our soil, I would not have planted the spring garden. I did not know it was race 3 until after I started the 17 plants - five of which are Big Beef VFFNTA...they need one more F in them. The rainy season is over here, so maybe they will grow in the clay?

Next spring, I'm going to try some FFFN varieties - if they grow well, I'll gain interest in tomato gardening again. If not, maybe we can go back to fishing and other hobbies. It never hurts to learn something new.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote