View Single Post
Old September 21, 2017   #6
zipcode
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
I guess it would have been the nitrogen, which is very important for leave growth and production as you mentioned, that would have been what helped. Since it is so important for leaf development, and the leaves were what was infected with disease, it makes some general sense to me. As a nurse, I guess, it makes me think of how poor nutrition can lead to poor disease resistance.
I don't believe the TTF is organic..
TTF is not organic, it has a few organic additives (a few % maybe), it's more a hydroponic fertilizer.
Nitrogen is generally considered a disease enhancer (if in excess), not the reverse, but if you are going to be limited by it, than it will most probably have a negative effect on health. Potassium is considered good for drought resistance and possibly general resistance. And then you have all those micronutrients in TTF which could help, copper, zinc, iron, etc, normally a clay based soil has them.
Recommended soil doses and reality don't match completely. In the way that you will get good results if you meet them, but still even better if you exceed them. I forgot where I read that dutch commercial growers consider good levels of potassium at least 3 times more than recommended.
zipcode is offline   Reply With Quote