View Single Post
Old July 18, 2007   #8
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan24 View Post
Funny, to me it almost looks like there was fruit, and something ate it.
That's what it looks like to me too. Like a fruit formed, but might have been removed by someone/something. I suppose it also could have aborted at some stage and dropped off, but looks like it got at least a little size to it before doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_E View Post
I have around forty varieties of tomatoes growing this year, and every one of them has set fruit EXCEPT for Zapotec. A picture of where it should be is attached. The plant is big and healthy, and right in the middle of a patch of garden (I have to grow things in little patches because my backyard is mostly a granite knoll with bits of soil here and there) surrounded by other plants that have set fruit. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any idea what's going on?
See comment above. Also, most years I usually end up with a "mule" plant or two that just doesn't produce at all for whatever reason, or sets one or two fruits so late there's no good chance of them reaching maturity. Usually, there's no concrete reason I can come up with to explain it. This year my mule plant was Kellogg's Breakfast. Luckily, I had another KB in a container and it set loads of fruit. Go figure.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote