View Single Post
Old November 3, 2017   #11
imp
Tomatovillian™

Excluding the possible merger of Monsanto and Bayer, many of the posts I am reading are not showing any scientific proofs of the claims being posted. Many are partial 'truths", which can be used to twist facts to the public.

I'd like to see the scientific studies or the court cases, please, before I buy into something on the news or posted on a site. I admire critical thinking and fact driven articles that meet the standards of science. In light of that statement, please do not bother to bring up Serelini's discredited studies.

Misuse of pesticides and herbicides are in the hands of the individuals, the people who use them.

As far as seed prices, doesn't each company, big or small, charge what they choose to for seeds? Johnny's does, Baker Creek does, even the companies that post on here set their own prices. Good or bad, many regulate how seed may be used, even after the initial purchase, even the Pledge to not charge for seeds such as the Dwarf project pledge, is an entailment in a contract.

Disclaimer: Since there was already an allusion to people "paid by Monsanto" , I have never worked for nor received any pay of any sort from Monsanto, nor worked for a company that directly benefited from Monsanto. I do not love nor hate Monsanto, they are a company run for profit, as is the intent of most companies.

Side note: Has it ever been proven that Monsanto has paid people to counter post? If so, would like to see those facts as well. If not proven to be so, it is a way to discredit anyone with a differing viewpoint, and to close off a rational and calm discussion of facts.

Edit:

Here is a link, though I doubt some will read it and look at the court cases linked in there to the actual online court documents. But if you follow through, some interesting information can be had, both pro and con. What one does with such information is up to the person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto_legal_cases

Last edited by imp; November 3, 2017 at 12:25 AM.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote