View Single Post
Old November 3, 2017   #13
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcgrady View Post
Boy you're really trolling with that post...

How can a company own a seed and all of its offspring... forever? Even though their GMO seed contaminated your OP plants/seed?

I see your link is to Wikipedia... I can get in, write whatever I want, change whatever I want, publish it...
And until someone catches it, it's good as gold?
Now you are calling my post "trolling"?!!

I present a civil discussion and that is what you come up with?! Name calling and no presentation of factual information at all?

As far as owning the seed, yes, it is in our law as such, not a law from or written by Monsanto or Bayer or Jackson Perkins or many other companies that patent seed or plants, but by our own duly passed laws that restrict who and how plants or seeds may be used.

Even the OSSI is making restrictions on future seed use:

The OSSI Pledge - http://osseeds.org - "You have the freedom to use these OSSI-Pledged seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others' use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents or other means, and to include this Pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives."

Yes, wiki can be edited, but since you obviously did not use the links in that article as suggested, even the ones to the actual court papers which cannot be changed, you became self fulfilling re my remark that most would not.

Last edited by imp; November 3, 2017 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Add pledge and that paragraph.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote