Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old December 20, 2017   #1552
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
It has been a long while since we have gotten a good rain. This past Tuesday, a burn ban went into effect. The temperatures are pretty comfortable with lows in the 30s and lower 40s and highs around 60F. It's cold and windy today. As I look out the window beside me, I see a few cut down trees and stumps that need to be burnt out, but that will have to wait until the burn ban is lifted. They should have put the burn ban into effect around a month ago, and is why we have not burned the stumps out yet.

There's a chance of rain tomorrow night. It's one of those "Got to see it to believe it" type forecasts. One of the weather people was saying the other day that this year still has a chance of being the warmest one on record. The year started with basically not having a Winter.
Wow, 4+ days ago. It has rained for days and the weather people are already talking about the drought ending. It's supposed to rain again Thursday and Friday. Wouldn't it be funny if the stumps/wood is too wet to burn?

I'm not sure how much it has rained here. Our rainfall gauge broke at the plastic holder, but when you see water standing on a hill - you know it has rained a lot.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote