Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old December 29, 2017   #1565
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
No, the monitor needs power to run.

No power electric baseboad heaters do not work.

No,I can't get out to the front room to put logs in that wood Stove.

No, we've talked about a generator here, a lot, no can do with me living alone and dependent on a walker.

No propane here ever since a classmate of mine in elementery school, well, his parents were using propane for heat, there was a leak and the house blew up.Thankfully neither Peter nor his parents were home at the time.

So what is,is.

Still no kero delivery,I'll call tomorrow to see where things are at on delivery, but Julie said they were going all out trying to deliver fuel, they deliver both kero and heating oil, and I have no idea what the weekend looks like about how fast they can go,I know the two delivery men very well,and I'm sure they are exhausted.

Carolyn
My brother is also afraid of propane for the same reason. He saw a house on his way to work that had blown up, and the wife did pass in the explosion. It was a less than 10 year old large nice home with a basement. This happened 2 years ago, and after that - he converted his house to all electric. They removed all the propane lines and everything.

I personally like having both propane and electric heat sources, but do fully understand why you and my brother don't want propane in your homes. However, you know I care about you and wish you had an alternate form of heating your home.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote