View Single Post
Old January 24, 2018   #14
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi...Well heres my story..I will try to make it short....Just over a year ago (early Jan 2017) I purchased 5 Tasty Tom (Mature) plants from a local (A) gardening centre ...They were great so I asked the growing Company in an email if these would be available this season....Answer_YES...So I contacted the same local gardening centre and told them that I required the same Tasty Tom Mature plants again ...that I had contacted the growing company and they hoped they would become available aprox the end of October....
I said please do not let me down as my whole growing season is based around getting these Mature Tasty Tom Plants ...
So I waited til the gardening centre contacted me (while I reminded them when visiting) ....

Meantime I had made a telephone enquiry re a fertilizer from another (B) Garden Centre and during this I was asked by the lady if there was anything else.....I just happened to ask "do you get mature Tomato Plants in IE Tasty Toms" ....Yes was the reply do you want us to ring you when we get them... to which I replied yes but I could not guarantee a sale as there were factors like quality and price that I needed to be aware of.....

Subsequently about 3 - 4 weeks later I received a phone call from the same lady telling me "MY" mature Tasty toms were there ....The "my" surprised me ? However I asked about growth and price....but immediately when I was told $29.99 per plant was the price I declined..
I thought that if they had them the other Gardening centre (A) would to as both were supplied by the same grower......
Well I kept making enquiries to (A) even explaining to the manager that (B) had mature plants
so basicly what was going on ??

Well subsequently their inaction to my concerns and because I needed plants led me to discuss my situation with (C) ...a complete garden centre who grew their own plants ....YES we can supply you with Mature Tasty Toms @ $15 each but we no longer call them Tasty Toms but by another name....they will be ready in aprox 3 weeks....Now I sought clarification on the change of name and was assured I was buying Tasty Toms ....
So I made a final effort to get clarification from gardening centre (A) re my getting Tasty Toms from them and realised I was wasting my time so I advised them I was no longer interested and ordered 6 plants from (C) and these duly arrived about 3 weeks later and photos were put up of them in a post on tomatoville ...I was concerned about the green and hardness of the plants...

Anyway I transplanted them and fed them with Miracle Gro and then Phostrogen and was quite happy til 2 days ago a few fruit turned ripe....for me to taste
I might be old but I still have taste and this fruit was bland and nothing like a Tasty Tom.
So I feel devastated cause i have worked so hard on my Tomatoes .....Just to make sure I am correct I have a friend who is growing Tasty toms bought from (A) and he will do a taste test for me as against my so called Tasty Toms....When I have some to give him...

So I am now hoping I can grow some cuttings from two Tasty Tom plants that I purchased from (A) back in September that are Tasty toms....

I feel that I have been up front and done nothing wrong yet have ended up in a situation I do not like ....It appears here in New Zealand I have no safe guard against these people...

So heres a photo of the Tomato I will save seed from as long as the other smaller one on the truss tastes right ...My friend says his Tasty Toms are quite Big...So I might have to do some trading with him..as well....

Regards Ron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seeding_2018-01-24_182149.jpg (51.0 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by murihikukid; January 24, 2018 at 12:27 AM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote