View Single Post
Old March 10, 2018   #3143
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrock View Post
All I could find were the mosquito dunks locally so I held off. I'm going to order gnatrol. It's been 2 days since I sprayed the plants with soap and neem and it looks as though the aphids are gone. Problem is some of my leaves have burned spots on them, a few new leaves fell off, and the bell pepper dropped some blossoms and buds.

On a side note, how long does it take for a seedling(tomato or pepper) to start growing after transplant? I've got a few tomatoes in 20gal storage tubs that don't seem to be growing but appear healthy. I planted them about 10 days ago. Same with a few mini bells I have in buckets. They just seem to be stagnant. I did buy a cherokee carbon plant last weekend at lowes and it's already dead. Like withered and dead overnight. I've cared for it and planted it the same as the others so I'm going to return it and get one from somewhere else.
What are they potted in, what fertilizers and amendments did you add and how much?
I don't use neem at all, it just causes leaf burn and you should never spray the blossoms. Also never spray in the heat of the day, only early am and late afternoon, this will prevent leaf burn.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote