View Single Post
Old March 11, 2018   #14
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
If you are talking about exposure through window glass, I don't think you have to limit that at all. Outdoors is where they need gradual exposure if they are not used to it.
I grow by a south facing windows after my plants are too tall for my artificial light set up and yes, they still need to be hardened off. Window sunlight does not come close to equaling outside sunlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulac View Post
Half an hour the first day, in the sunshine, one hour the second day, then the whole day, starting in the morning when temperature is warm enugh till shade arrives and temperature drops.
Won't waste my time with 1/2 hour as it takes me that much time to get all of my plants outside. 2 hours a day until the weekend, then 4 hours for 2 days, then 8-10 hours a day until plant out is what I try for but Mother Nature never cooperates in the late Spring, neither does my work schedule, so these days are often spaced apart and take two weeks to complete. The 2 hour excursions are after work with the Sun to the Southwest. I try to plan so the 4 hour outings to happen on the weekend, weather permitting. If not, they get a few extra days at 2 hours before going to 8-10 hours.
I start two weeks before plant out and they get what they get.
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote