View Single Post
Old May 12, 2018   #909
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
Here's a pic of my KARMA Pink at 70 days from seed, and about three weeks since all the tomatoes were transplanted into the greenhouse at 7 weeks.
She's weathered all the extreme conditions, but for some reason didn't mature and open that first cluster of buds. As you can see the second cluster is close to being ready to open, and a third cluster is also in the works. And just in the past couple of days, that first cluster of buds started to develop again and have more than tripled in size, so it looks like she means to fruit them as well.
Just want to say that KP is not the only plant that decided to wait the first cluster. 5 of 6 of my Black Kitten Paws F4 did the same thing, so only one of them has opened a flower yet. That is a very hardy cross out of Stupice X Black Cherry! So the best explanation is, environmental causes this season happened to affect these plants in this way. I posted elsewhere a graph of the extreme weather in the greenhouse... quite a yo yo with very cold and very hot days.
So no worries, KP is holding her own and will be fine, just not among the early flowering and setting tomatoes this year.
Still a nice looking plant, but that is unusual, all clusters set on this in my growing conditions. Another month and you will be tasting these.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote