View Single Post
Old June 7, 2018   #366
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Yesterday, it was 15 days since I harvested the first ripe tomato. Meanwhile, I had 15 tomatoes - 3 Sophie's choice, 2 Sarayev Shtambovyi, 1 Mongolskyi karlik, 1 Sarayev Otbor 1, 5 Sarayev Gruntovy and 2 - I forgot the variety of those mentioned. Dmes I tasted three varieties - Sophies Choice, Sarayev Gruntovyi and Sarayev Otbor 1. All I tasted very much. The taste of S.Otbor and S.gruntova was very similar, which did not surprise me, since they came from the same stable. Taste a balanced acidity with sweetness. In S. Choice I felt more sweet at the end of the tasting, which suits me.
Quite disappointing is that no tomatoes have ever been found on allegedly frost-resistant varieties of sarayevs - M-22 and 0-33 and also Jagodka. I do not need frost-resistant tomatoes for my cold bed, so I will not try these tomatoes anymore. I will also not cultivate varieties that I have already discarded last year: Sarayev Stoikyi, Sarayev Druzhnyi, 46 days, Kalinka, Latah, Maglia Rosa, Mountain Princess, Polarnyj Skorspelyj, Sarayev I-2 and Urbikany.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2099.jpg (314.6 KB, 232 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote