View Single Post
Old June 26, 2018   #374
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Robert, Barb_FL did an experiment with both clear and black plastic for solarizing, The black got the inside contents to 109F, the clear got the temp up to 132F. Much better with the clear. The black absorbed the light, the clear let it pass through. Classic greenhouse effect. I never use black plastic anymore. Also no white, that would just reflect the light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
So clear trash bags it is.

Worth
Marsha, I do pay attention Barb's experiment with the different colors of plastic is a proven fact. Remember that I did solarize the 45' x 45' garden with clear plastic. I did a whole lot of research along the way.

Worth, now where am I going to find clear trash bags? Everyone wants to hide the fact that they are human.
I had already written clear plastic for solarizing on our grocery/household shopping list for this week.

There are some links out there where it says to paint the clear plastic...? Some that say to leave the plastic on until it deteriorates ...? No, I'm not going to paint plastic nor am I going to leave it there to grow in.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote