View Single Post
Old June 28, 2018   #387
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
I know you pay attention, additionally, a lot of other folks are reading this to learn.
Marsha, you are absolutely right. There have been replies on this thread saying that . I've also gotten PMs saying the same thing. It feels good to have a thread going where many of us are learning from those who have more experience.

I would like to ask you and everyone a question.

(First, I should explain - July 1 through July 4rth is extremely special to my wife and I. July 1, 1985 - 33 years ago, she and I moved in together and changed our lives forever. We celebrate that anniversary more-so than our wedding anniversary. Three days later comes the forth of July - the holiday we celebrate the most. All of this costs money, so I tried buying lower cost products for gardening.) Now, I will get to the question:

We bought the clear plastic today to solarize with. 2 MIL is what we bought because it is in-size more than what I need and $20 less than the 4 MIL. Would using two layers of the 2 MIL be the same as using one layer of the 4 MIL? This is to go on top of the 5 gallon buckets only. I saved the receipt and haven't opened the package, so I can return it if need be.

The other thing I bought on the cheap was carrot seeds that will be growing in some of those buckets this fall. American seeds at Walmart for 20 cents a pack. I got them for the experience of growing in containers. Besides, I think our grandchildren are rabbits with as many carrots as they eat and they are much better for them than junk food.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote