View Single Post
Old July 1, 2018   #557
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

I posted earlier this spring, I started 19xF2 seed in January and eventually potted up and then put the plants into their final pots. They lived by our south facing patio door until the weather was cooperative to live on the deck, which was the very end of April this year. I have 10 plants. While the micro part of my hunt was largely a failure, as most are what I'd call small dwarfs 24-30" tall. Many are multiflora, many have antho shoulders, I was hoping with 10 plants I'd find something other than red, but all are red. I've saved seed from the best 5 plants and will grow out seed from 2 of the best varieties in 2019, hoping to find some more micro habit. The best of all of this? It's July 1, the other day I picked these 2.5 lbs of all at minimum--very good to excellent tasting cherry tomatoes. I picked a similar amount a few days before that as well. In fact, having these plants allowed us to stop buying store cherry tomatoes at the end of May--something we typically don't do until mid July otherwise!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 707AEAA1-1F4E-476E-BF80-3B1DE1B105D0.jpeg (265.2 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by jmsieglaff; July 1, 2018 at 10:44 PM.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote