View Single Post
Old July 20, 2018   #4
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE=gorbelly;708856]My source was Victory Seeds, which is a source I trust. I'm going to chalk up the early fruit issues to the weird weather we had during spring and early summer here. It's a no-no to judge a plant by that first truss of fruit, anyway.

I trust Mike Dunton at Victory Seeds as well, very much so, and have sent him many varieties for trial..He was East once, going to a seminar in WNYS and stopped by here so I met him in person.

I just copied this from his website about Prue

(85 days, indeterminate — The medium-sized fruits are a good all type. The plants have leaves can be described as wispy, wilty and droopy and are very productive. The fruits are great flavored, red and in the interesting shape of an elongated heart with a bump or nipple on most of the fruit's blossom end.

An old family heirloom introduced by Tom Gallucci of Connecticut who received the seed from his wife's grandfather, Mr. Prue of Massachusetts who was born about 1900. Each packet contains approximately 20 seeds.)

Does his history sound familiar? Perhaps I was the one who sent him the seeds. But he always first grows out any seeds to see if they match the descriptions before he lists them at his website.

Nothing more I can say that might be helpful unfortunately.

carolyn