View Single Post
Old August 19, 2018   #14
Keen101
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Keen, where HAVE you been,yes,I know in CO but not here at tville since this past April.

Are you still in interacting with Joseph?

Have you read Keith Mueller's website about species?

Great to see you back. And yes,I'm still connected to Colorado since a great friend,who is also a Tville member sends me melons from Rocky Ford on the western slope. Got them about a week ago,or so. Delish.

Carolyn
Hi Carolyn, been very busy with life. Haven't even had much time in the garden that much of it has suffered, but 'tis life. A poor tomato year for me, but there's a few here and there.

I have a suspicion that i've seen Keith Mueller's website, but i'll try to go take a look when i get a chance. My website is currently having problems so it is down.

Yes, Joseph and i still talk and interact, though less frequently these days. I was the one who was able to send him and others F2 generation [Domestic x S. pennellii] hybrid seeds for the big wild tomato breeding project. From the literature i read on the pennellii species it has the widest range of aromatic and flavor chemicals and thus would make it the species most likeley to have unique new combinations of flavors perhaps not seen in domestic tomatoes thus far. I found the F1 hybrids to be VERY vigerous and to thrive in my garden even in areas with poor soil and dry conditions.

Nice, i have my watermelons going again this year, and though they too have suffered from neglect i have high hopes that at least a few will grow well enough to produce seeds to continue with.
Keen101 is offline   Reply With Quote