View Single Post
Old September 13, 2018   #36
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGlew View Post
Hi Vladimir,

I have Volgogradskiy 323 from Tatiana and am happy to send you what I have. My quick notes based on growing 3 plants this summer are "2018 - Terribly slow grower. Do not grow again." I'll send you all I have so you can choose the best plant. It has big fruit and hence is definately not early.

I no longer have seeds for these - I gave them away a few years ago - but here are my notes:
Sub Artic Plenty - not early, poor taste.
Siberian - early due to small fruit, very poor taste, almost bitter.
Siletz - not early, taste is good
Manitoba - ok, but nothing special, weak taste
Oregon Spring - not early, taste is good

rg

Here are a bunch of early determinates you may want to consider which I have seeds for. The earliest of the bunch is Independence Day from Livingstone Seeds, which is similar to Glacier.
Robert, thank you for the critical evaluation of the tomatoes I chose. You helped me a lot. I have to reassess my choice. I'm probably going to want the Mostly Mystery Silver Fir Tree only.
If you can send me the seeds of some of the varieties you mention so I would love to. I looked at Tatiana's TOMASTObase, and I think they would be best for me in my cold bed Sasha Altai, Belyi Naliv, Klusha, Krainiy Sever or Independence Livingstone.
Vladimír

Last edited by MrBig46; September 13, 2018 at 03:38 AM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote