View Single Post
Old November 26, 2018   #159
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

November 18th

Put in my Apricot tree.

Winter prepping my Rosemary. I had a three year old plant here last season that didn't make it, I usually put a fluorescent lamp by the base and cover with a blanket, last winter I did not and the plant died. This year I am going to try just mulching the entire plant with leaves and pine needles. I don't expect it to make it but I am curious to try.

I finally winter prepped this planter, I waited till the last minute because I was still getting tomatoes. The beet was mulched in.

This was the last bed that needed a winter blanket, I used some pine needles and leaves that I liberated from Trap Pond.

Had this packaging material that I used around my Pear Tree.

Although this bed was actually put to sleep for the season it was topped with Rabbit Bedding/manure. I will continue to top a lot of my gardens and "in-situ" compost all winter long.

Finished winterizing my Rain harvesting sysytem.

November 22nd

My daughter Sam made me a Yacon Pie for thanksgiving.

Found a bag of maters in the freezer so I canned some stewed tomatoes, test recipe for next year.

The next two items are not from the garden but here are a few ways I like to use up my Thanksgiving Turkey.

Turkey Panini club w/fried salami, fried ham and American cheese with a bit of mayo.

And turkey soup, but this year I canned it. For this batch, I reduced the stock to make it like a concentrate so when we go to reheat it we can add three cups of water with a cup of Amish noodles, giving us 2 quarts of soup.

For dinner last night Laura and Samantha made us a Pizza.

Here I am attempting to grow Black seeded Simpson and Paris Island Romaine for my wife, I felt bad for her, she loves romaine but has gotten sick from it twice so she won't ever buy it again, last time she got sick we ended up in the emergency room. I also tossed in some Beets to hopefully get a beet harvest so I can make some pickled red beets, but I'm not holding my breath.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote