View Single Post
Old September 5, 2007   #12
Gimme3
Tomatovillian™

I aint even read the links proposed, i suggest anyone...to start with...understand...what exactly...activated charcoal really IS.....research will tell you....how..in the 1700's...a doctor serving a certain King, demonstrated his ability to take a well-known lethal dose of a certain substance,(strychnine) and then..by swallowing ...."activated charcoal"....surviving the incident.

Once u understand...exactly what makes charcoal ..." activated"....its very easy to contemplate it's natural, amazing attributes as a filter. Aside from bein a natural carbon...to soil...there is a whole lot of Learning...still goin on...as to how...it is a Refuge, a Home...to many precious soil microbial life forms that are beneficial towards breaking down an providing soluble nutrients to plants. Its a great question of worth...an somethin that really is enjoyable to learn about. The Maya's and the Inca's....left behind...evidence of how important charcoal was...to them.

i think the finest thing yet to be fully understood....about charcoals....is the natural shelter and attraction it offers to beneficial soil inhabitants that would otherwise not be present, or be present in plentiful numbers....but this is the on-going....secret....being sought to understand.