View Single Post
Old April 25, 2019   #445
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Wednesday April 24, 2019 - it rained a lot. At least 5 inches was reported in cities nearby. I went to check our rain gauge and found it was damaged during the rains. I guess the very little bit of hail got it last week - or a mischievous grandchild - lol.

I've already mentioned this, but it drives home the point of having multiple strategies of feeding container plants that are grown outside. The 4-18-38, 15.5-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, and Magnesium Sulfate formulation is mixed with water and is meant to be used in containers inside a controlled environment. (Please, nobody get the wrong idea - The product has it's use, I know it has wonderful results, and I can't wait to be able to use it.) But for now, it's too wet. The containers just had 5 or more inches of rain poured into them in one day's time. That's enough rain to wash out the small amount of 10-10-10 I put in them.

I'm no expert by any means at container growing, nor do I have money to put into it. I will get up tomorrow and see what I can do for them. Most likely add more 10-10-10 carefully. In 9 days the pepper and tomato plants have almost doubled in size. I think of them as children in-a-way. Give them room to grow and loving educated support. I'm still working on the educated part.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote