View Single Post
Old June 19, 2019   #23
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I just did my first lean and lower of the year on one of my beds. I was really a bit late getting started this year and didn't really start picking tomatoes til early June. I'll try to get you some pictures but there are plenty of them on this site that I have posted in the past. Didn't know that about the black light and will gave to try it. I wonder what else shows up with the light?

I planted a row of tomatoes that I trellised because the bed was narrow and against a chain link fence and they were the first ones I planted. The second bed I planted two weeks later is lean and lower. I am definitely getting the largest fruits off the tomatoes in the L & L bed and my leaf diseases are slightly less in that bed. Production has been outstanding on both those early beds despite the intense heat and dry weather. The tomatoes set out mid May through mid June are not showing near the fruit set but then they never do with the increase in humidity and the warmer nights of summer. All three other small beds of tomatoes are lean and lower. I am really taking good care of my trellised tomatoes to see just how long I can keep them productive.

Bill

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote