View Single Post
Old June 23, 2019   #161
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
We do a stir fry using strips of peppers, onions, tomato paste, and a few oz's of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. Saute the veggies of your choice with some Soy Sauce or Worchestershire sauce. When the onions appear to be getting translucent, cook whatever meat you like (beef, pork, mutton, wild game, etc) and then combine the two and cook briefly at high heat. Serve over rice or whatever you like.

Or, make a standard beer batter and coat some venison back strap strips. Make the stir fry veggie mixture as above, and produce a thick sauce using some beef gravy. Again with the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, combine and serve over mashed potatoes. I like to add some sprouts to this one.

The spiced rum adds a totally new dimension to the flavors.
I remember the first time I tried Captain Morgan spiced rum I thought I was going to die.
Much better to cook with.

Then there was the "Dreaded Southern Comfort Experiment of 1980".
Some guy was nagging at me right after his and mine friend just got through downing a quart, my first time ever tasting the stuff.
I ended up pulling the mailbox out of the ground cement plug and all and throwing it through front door just to shut him up.
It worked too.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote