View Single Post
Old August 20, 2019   #5
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

Yeah worth, just like chicken wings, and brisket. The "Q" circuit did a number on brisket prices.

I think sports bars drove up the prices of wings once they became known as "Buffalo Wings". Would you have thought 30 or 40 years ago they would have restaurants dedicated to Wings? "Buffalo Wild Wings"

Wings were practically given away 30 years ago. Years ago we bought chicken necks for crab traps, who knows what they cost now.

You can get boneless chicken breast meat for the same price as wings $1.99 a pound and whats crazier is you can get Chicken Thighs .99 a pound and $1.49 a pound boneless.

I'm waiting for a few more Barbecue shows featuring thighs then they'll be $5.00 a pound!

I seen brisket for $7.99 a pound such a joke, I would rather buy a better cut of meat, although I have done some tasty briskets on my pit, I don't think it's worth it. Factor in the weight loss and a briskets price near doubles.

Supply and demand at its best!

Gerard thanks it is now in my notes. I think the fritter needs a more "Melty" type of cheese.
I think the mix I used was skim mozzarella, Provolone, and cheddar cheese

Would Gouda be an option, I know I can get that around here.
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote