Thread: Air Fryers
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2019   #14
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

I was getting opinions from folks who hate them and folks who love them. One of our friends who I gave a lot of okra to, called to tell me they ate their air fried okra and it was the best fried okra they have ever eaten. That comment made our minds up and we ordered one with a large basket on Amazon and received it today..

I started experimenting with French fried sweet potatoes. The taste and appearance were great. The texture was like wet noodles. I doubt you can cook crisp sweet potatoes in an air fryer.

I cooked two large, bone in pork chops in it. They were great in all aspects except I will lower the cooking time in the future.

I used my friends recipe for fried okra (he got it from the allrecipes.com web page. Look for "air fryer fried okra"), and cooked about one pound of sliced okra. It turned out perfect in all aspects. I won't say it is the best I've ever cooked, but it was very good and better than any restaurant fried okra I've eaten.

My wife also ordered the "Americas Test Kitchen" air fryer recipe cookbook. It has some great recipes in it.

Last edited by DonDuck; August 28, 2019 at 07:54 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote