View Single Post
Old September 4, 2019   #37
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

SQWIBS Prime Rib Continued

This Prime rib has gone a long way, we had some more PR for dinner and snacks throughout the week I shaved some PR fried up some onions, tossed in some shaved meat and made an awesome cheese steak with fried onions and topped with pickles (no other condiments needed).

Yesterday I decided to slice the rest of the PR on the slicer and make some Prime Rib French Dippers.
Man... were these good, the meat was so dam tender.
The dippers are my favorite way of enjoying the prime rib.
The price of the meat pales in comparison to the value you get, factoring in how many meals this hunk of meat has provided.

• I love my slicer, thanks Dave!

• I cant stand fat, but I dare not trim the fat on thinly sliced Prime Rib.

• Finely chopped onions, beef broth, Beef Bouillon, Montreal steak seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, Vermouth and a splash of Worcestershire. Onions were cooked down with butter, all other ingredients were added, reduced by 10 percent, strained gravy.

• Prepping the Sandwiches. Meat was sliced and set out for an hour, the meat was dipped in the hot gravy, allowed to drip, then placed on a roll and served Au Jus.

Hmmm still have some leftover, what shall I make

• How about a Philly Cheese steak with fried onions and pickles

• What an awesome lunch.
Pssst. ... I have a little secret, I used KETCHUP, yep I said KETCHUP, don't tell anyone.

Still more left
  • OK how about Steak and eggs for breakfast?

• Eggs topped with, Montreal Steak seasoning and "SQWIBS Fire in the hole" hot sauce.

Dang these were freaking good!
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote