View Single Post
Old September 13, 2019   #2
rockman
Tomatovillian™

I grew iorn lady 6 yrs ago. They were advertised in the totally tomato catalog as resistant to about everything. They started out short stocky plants loaded with nice 3 to 3 and 1 half in. When they started to turn, on came the early blight. They had an orange color and wouldn't ripen. Leaves were mostly gone. I didn't have anything left for the late blight. I called Cornell University who developed the variety. I sent pictures and the person agreed I had the blight. He said at that time the plant could tolerate a little anything but not resistant to anything. Today I see the same advertisement. That yr. I planted all iorn ladies thinking I would not be seeing the blight. Very wrong. Haven't tried since. This yr. I have a decent crop of Park Whoppers and Big Beefs.Things are changing. Used to I grew Celebrities, Jet Star, Super Sonics and Rutgers. Had good luck. Now I don't put a plant in the ground till June because of the cool damp nights in may. Still looking for that perfect plant! Good Luck, rockman
rockman is offline   Reply With Quote