View Single Post
Old October 15, 2019   #2
b54red
Tomatovillian™

We are getting a bit of rain also and I got out in the mist and worked all morning getting a couple of beds ready to be planted in. I was a filthy mess when I finished about 2 in the afternoon. If the rain ends tomorrow I will go ahead and plant mustard greens and maybe some nest onions. I will also start some onion seed in the greenhouse. I will be planting Creole which did great last year and two other red short day onions and some 1015 Texas sweet onions, another Texas Vidalia type along with Bermudas. I like to plant my onions in DE and then set them out in either December or January depending on how well they have grown. I will also start some lettuce and spinach for setting out later. This gives me time to get the beds worked up because I am still waiting to clear out a couple more beds of tomatoes, peppers and the sweet potatoes growing under the peppers. I will plant my first planting of carrots when the rain lets up either tomorrow or the next day and they will all be Sugarsnax because they have proven far more reliable than any other types I have grown and I really like getting those extra long, extra sweet carrots they make.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote