View Single Post
Old October 24, 2019   #96
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

October 16th, 2019

We got plenty of rain and my rain barrel is full, so I got enough water to last the rest of the year.
I replanted the Pomegranate that was by the pond next to the pomegranate that's in the hugelkultur bed.
I transplanted the Gogi berry from the front yard trellis next to the one on the back hill by the fence. I'm most likely going to plant Scarlet Runner beans on the front trellis next season

I ordered some Honeyberry plants from Honeyberry USA, I'm going to plant these close about 18" apart. Honey Bee, Aurora Honeyberry and Indigo Gem.

My Marigolds are doing well.

Mums are growing nicely.

Rooting some Sweet Potato vines and Basil.

I was off Wednesday so I tried to cleanup the front a bit. I dug out some more rogue horseradish, mulched some of the front, worked on part of the hell strip, moved some plants around, re-positioned my "address rock" and adjusted the lighting.

It's a tough time of year, because I don't like to mulch over top of anything until the first real hard frost has killed back everything.
It starts to look "unkept", and it's hard finding that balance in the front yards.

The rock is a pee rock for the dogs.

We needed some ambient lighting on the side patio so I put in this lamp Sam had made, it's on a timer and goes on with the landscape lights, it adds just enough light.

October 20th, 2019

Cut and hung the cattle panel. I had to tear out my cantaloupe plant.

October 23rd, 2019

Honeyberry plants came in, I'm guessing that they are supposed to look dead (dormant), lol.

Planted 24" apart in yard compost and perlite.

The first three stakes, from L-R are "Aurora" - "Honey Bee" - "Indigo gem"

The next two stakes are 36" apart for a future Jujube "Li" tree and a "Hardire" Nectarine tree.

The cut back Okra is coming back.

My King Stropharia have started to pop up.

Some mushrooms, Red Welsh Bunching Onion and Thyme for my Cream Of Mushroom Chicken dinner tonight.

The Poblano plant is really doing well. The Poblano's always do good up here on the retaining wall.

I believe that's a Ruby King Bell Plant in the back ground.

I think this is it for this tomato plant, but that's OK, I was hoping to get maters till November and I think these will make it.

These 2 plants are still hanging in there.

My Lettuce bed is moving along S-L-O-W-L-Y!

Pathetic!

I'm guessing the Huckleberry plant is an evergreen.

Nasty, Nasty tasting fruit, reminiscent of battery acid, I'll give it another season to see what happens and maybe try some dry for trail mix, but it looks like this will be replaced.

I never thought I would say this but, I cant wait for the first frost!

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote