View Single Post
Old November 6, 2019   #68
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGlew View Post
Hi Barb, thanks for taking the time to write this report. It sounds like you are off to a great start. I'm glad to learn you are giving SunGrape a good chance this year. I had a lot of volume from it last year, and good taste. Interesting to hear you are doing SunLemon over Esterina. I grew one SL from those very old Tokita seeds and gave it to a friend who grew it in a greenhouse and really liked it. I'll have to try it myself too.

I did Sweet Aperitif here for couple of years but it was only a `meh' for me. It will be interesting to hear how it does in FL.

Did you not like Tokita's Golden Cherry? I have grown it now for 2 years and am impressed by its sweetness when I follow Wayne's 7th ripe rule.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW079zJnglw

rg
I totally forgot about Golden Cherry. I loved it and last Christmas it was my SIL favorite. Everyone could tell a slight difference in taste. I'm going to sow a couple of seeds now.

---
If Sweet Aperitif is just OK, I will pull the plant and use the space / (sun) for something else. It is in a Root Pouch so pulling it would not cause a problem like it would in an EB.

---
I didn't grow Sakura this year even though it meets my criteria but on the description at Johnny's it says it is a compact plant and the 3 times I grew it, it is a beast.

Thanks for the video clip; I watched it before but just noticed it was about Nectar.

Last edited by Barb_FL; November 6, 2019 at 08:38 AM.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote