Thread: LED fixture ?
View Single Post
Old January 31, 2020   #8
biscuitridge
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
Glad you posted this, because it got me browsing for what is now available - since I last looked, the 'sunlike' full spectrum has become a happening thing, and nice price for packs of four X 42 watt 4 ft fixtures.
I reckon if the wattage is the same and the spectrum is balanced it should make a perfect replacement for the old fluorescents on the same sized shelf. Don't know if higher wattage means you should keep them further from the plants - there are 64W 4 fts available too, but they are pricier and sold by each. I seem to remember the fluorescents were 32 or 42 watts? And that was enough for the seedlings to do fine...

Anyway this will be my next light purchase. I can't look at the pink ones they are nauseating to me and I don't get jazzed by the looks of the plants under them either.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZYTBQ15...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Just wanted to add that I am not 100% happy with the LED shoplights in a single frequency 6500 K. Had some strange seedling reactions to them, although brassicas and lettuce seem fine, tomato and pepper seedlings didn't do well under them.
What kinda problems did you have with the shop lights?
biscuitridge is offline   Reply With Quote